Monday, June 11, 2012

Several Careers Ago...

My resume reads like a college class catalog - a little bit of this and a little bit of that. If you think I'm joking, think: au pair, waitress, cafe manager, office manager, divemaster, editor, freelance writer, personal trainer, stroller fitness instructor, professional fundraiser...the list goes on. I'm not joking.

But back before kids, I found that I have a passion for, and some talent with, capturing moments and telling stories with a pen and a lens. As Jake and I settle into lives with children who are less dependent on us for every little thing, I'm making headway back into writing and photographing.

I've hung images at the 1650 Gallery in Los Angeles in two different juried photography exhibitions, one about flowers and one about kids.

I've earned a few commissions with Trazzler, an online travel guide that focuses on unique perspectives and visions of places, especially those off the beaten path. And I've racked up some accolades, including two first place finishes in their photo contests and numerous honorable mentions - in both photography and writing.

I am, also, now a contributing writer for Edible Monterey Bay; I was commissioned for one story about their pop-up supper club at Ventana Inn and Spa and have another in the hopper. I actually said "I'm a writer" without stuttering when I introduced myself to, and interviewed, an oyster farmer at an event on Friday. Progress.

So, I hope you'll follow along and take a look at whatever stories and images catch your eye and tickle your fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment